Trident1 is a cloud-based, all-in-one software solution design specifically for the Firearms, Fishing, Sporting Goods, and Outdoor & Adventure Retail industries. Trident1 offers a robust platform with tailored functionality ranging from a lite point of sale to a multi-store, enterprise cloud SaaS ERP solution.
Our Mission: To provide unrivaled retail commerce software tailored specifically for the firearms industry by delivering a modernized, fully integrated solution to aid retailers in streamlining operations and maximizing efficiencies.
Our Vision: To become the firearm industry’s leading retail software provider by targeting and replacing antiquated systems with a modernized, omnichannel solution that streamlines operations and improves business efficiencies. Trident1 strives for continuous innovation to deliver a best-in-class product at an affordable price while providing legendary customer service.
We are currently seeking a New Business Development Sales Professional to expand our customer base primarily in the Firearms Retailer (Gun Stores) market but also in similar markets such as, Fishing, Boating, Sporting Goods, Outdoors & Adventure, etc.
As a New Business Development Representative, you will be responsible for all facets of selling Trident1’s business software solution beginning with compiling leads lists, hunting, prospecting and cold calling. You will continue through qualifying, follow-up and end with earning the prospect’s business. Although numerous leads will come through current marketing channels, Company Executive networks, trade shows, industry and non-profit partners—you will be expected to generate your own leads and qualify them based on your knowledge of the business. You will also be responsible for creating your own sales presentations and proposals.
This position will require the ability to work independently in an entrepreneurial fashion as well as work closely with Company executives. To succeed in this role, a candidate must have previous professional sales training and experience, and be highly energetic, motivated, outgoing, focused on effective communication, and demonstrate the ability to think strategically about penetrating new markets and qualifying large prospect lists effectively to quickly identify top prospects. This is a high-touch, business sales role that plays a pivotal function in the development of new business. Role will require some business travel and includes a competitive benefits package. Our corporate office is in Katy, Texas but employees reside in various parts of the Nation. Our Firearms clients are largely dispersed throughout all 50 states, consisting of around 66,000 Federal Firearms Licensees (FFLs).
Significant “uncapped” compensation plan averaging six figures with the ability to make much more with the closing of large, multi-store enterprise size accounts.
- Identify and cold-call C-level and other executive management contacts to initiate new sales opportunities
- Leverage sales and data collection techniques to anticipate prospect needs and determine product fit.
- Maintain a strong phone sales presence
- Consistently generate and sign new leads monthly
- Manage and maintain HubSpot (or comparable CRM) for all new leads generated
- Develop individual opportunity strategies to effectively penetrate new accounts
- Leverage existing Client relationships and professional networks to generate new leads
- Create compelling value propositions aligned with prospect requirements
- Execute Trident1’s internal account management, business development and sales methodologies on a consistent basis
- Utilize Trident1’s lead generation platforms and methods for the development of new business
- Maintain a “hunter” mentality at all times for the development of new organic growth without
the use of Trident’s lead generation platforms and methods
- Develop a pipeline of new opportunities while closing existing ones
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment and adjust to rapidly changing priorities when needed
- Cultivate and maintain executive-level relationships across multiple industries
- Attend industry trade shows and represent the Company on site when Exhibiting at an event
- Become a SME on operating the Trident1 Software and effectively and efficiently demonstrate
(both remotely and in-person) functionality of the Platform, tailored toward each clients’
specific business needs, while effectively fielding follow-on questions
- Learn key pros and cons of competitor systems and be able to articulate why Trident1 is a much
better solution (participate in the development of competitor battle cards that highlight what Trident1 does better, to be used as quick sales references)
- Prior experience in inside and outside sales with cloud SaaS ERP solution, or POS systems
- 2+ years in software sales with experience selling to CEOs, Presidents, or Owners desired
- Previous completed professional on the job sales training desired
- Experience fostering and pursuing your own prospect lists
- Self-Starter with daily process discipline and methodology
- Bachelor’s degree or higher preferred
- Military or Law Enforcement experience highly desired
- Full Medical/Dental/Vision benefits
- Life insurance along with short-term and long-term disability
- 20 days PTO/Year
- The ability to work primarily from home with reimbursement for any Company travel
- Competitive opportunities for growth and advancement within a fast-paced organization