The Patriot: Supreme Court Ruling on ‘Bump-Stock’ Ban

Welcome To The Patriot 🇺🇸

The Patriot provides a 5-minute weekly digest of the firearm industry.

Brought to you by Trident 1, the best-in-class, all-in-one, cloud-based FFL-compliant POS software for the firearm/outdoor industry.



The U.S. Supreme Court declared the federal government’s ban on ‘bump-stock’ devices as invalid. In a 6-3 decision, the Court ruled that the ATF’s classification of bump stocks as machine guns extended beyond the scope of the law, siding with a Texas gun store owner who challenged the ban.

FPC President Brandon Combs called the decision a triumph over an “out-of-control federal government” and a vindication of their efforts against what they viewed as “lawless and unconstitutional actions” by the administration. 

This ruling was celebrated by Republicans and gun-rights advocates, including the NRA, which hailed it as a victory against executive overreach and a pivotal moment for future challenges to ATF regulations.

Meet the Team: Trident 1’s Customer Service

Meet The Team: Trident1's Legendary Customer Service

Meet the team! In this two-minute video discover how our 2A-friendly credit card processing and integrated platform streamline operations and reduce startup costs.

The Number:

1,316,471 firearms sold in Florida in 2023

Florida experienced a slight uptick in firearm sales in 2023, with an estimated 1,316,471 guns sold, marking a 1% increase from the previous year.

This growth came after the state passed a law allowing permitless concealed carry in March 2023, making it one of only four states to see an increase in gun sales last year.

Read More – Daytona Beach News-Journal


Federal Court in Texas Voids ATF Pistol Brace Rule

A ruling by Federal District Judge Reed O’Connor of the Northern District of Texas has declared the ATF’s “pistol brace” rule void. The court found that the rule violated the Administrative Procedures Act, deeming it, “arbitrary and capricious.” This decision vacates the rule nationwide, and while the Biden administration is expected to appeal, this ruling is seen as a major victory for Second Amendment advocates.

Read More – Tennessee Firearms

Louisiana Strengthens Second Amendment Financial Privacy

Louisiana Governor Jeff Landry has signed the Second Amendment Financial Privacy Act into law. This new legislation, supported by the National Shooting Sports Foundation (NSSF), prohibits financial institutions from discriminating against firearm retailers and from tracking or disclosing the sensitive financial information of individuals who buy firearms and ammunition with credit cards.

Read More – National Shooting Sports Foundation

Michigan GOP Proposes AR-15 as State Rifle

In a move to destigmatize the AR-15, Michigan Republican legislators, led by Rep. Brian BeGole, have introduced HB 5792 to designate the AR-15 as Michigan’s official state rifle. This initiative aims to recognize the thousands of Michigan residents and millions nationwide who responsibly own AR-15s for hobbies or home defense within growing concerns from gun control advocates about the militarization of gun culture.

Read More – Michigan Advance


  • NRA Endorses Congressman Dan Newhouse: The NRA awarded Congressman Dan Newhouse an “A” rating and endorsed him for his staunch defense of gun rights.
  • FPC Challenges Post Office Gun Ban: Firearms Policy Coalition (FPC) filed a lawsuit in Texas to overturn the federal ban on firearms at post offices, citing Second Amendment violations.
  • GOA Secures Injunction:Gun Owners of America and the Gun Owners Foundation won a preliminary injunction against Biden’s Universal Registration Check rule, preventing its enforcement in several states.
  • Biden Administration Limits Recreational Shooting: The Biden Administration finalized plans to restrict 98.9% of the Sonoran Desert National Monument from recreational target shooting, leaving only 1.1% accessible.

The Patriot is brought to you by Trident 1, the best-in-class, all-in-one, cloud-based FFL-compliant POS software for the firearm/outdoor industry.

We handle everything from POS to distributor integrations, eCommerce, range management, gunsmithing, and compliance. All in one convenient, real-time cloud-based platform.

Share the Post

Related Posts


Unlock the potential of your gun store or range with Trident 1. Book a call now and discover how our team can tailor unique solutions to meet your specific needs.